- Posted January 30, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- So, "Five Republican Candidates Walk into a Koch Brothers' Donor Retreat"...Beginning of a Bad Joke or Travesty of US Representative Government?
- 9/11 to Now: Ways We Have Changed Our Language and Traded Security for Freedom
- How Our Country and Its Language has Changed since 9/11- One Nation under Surveillance for Liberty and Justice for All?
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
24" of Lake Effect Snow Overnight East of Lake Ontario New York
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Last night about midnight, I looked out the front window and was surprised.
We'd heard that South of us about 8 miles on the Tug Hill Plateau, was supposed to get more snow.
That's nothing new for them. They get a lot of snow.
But the winds, about 35 miles an hour had shifted unexpectedly from the West to the South West which brought all of two feet of snow our way here in Watertown.
People here, unlike in Atlanta, Georgia, are used to tons of snow.
Northern New York has many plows and sanders because we get lots of snow for 6 months of the year.
Just thought I'd share with those of you in the South what our normal day in Winter is like.
When I lived in Oklahoma, a half inch of snow would close schools and businesses.
So I can empathize with those of you in the South that don't see snow that much.
Take a look at these videos and photos and be glad that your snow is the exception and not the norm.
Liberty1955 - Cliff Olney