- Posted January 30, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Republicans Want a Speaker Who Can Speak (Anything but the Truth) - McCarthy’s Truthful Gaffe on the Benghazi Special Committee
- Would Wyatt Earp Have Allowed a Sandy Hook or an Oregon? Mass Shootings To Continue Until We Do This
- Super Blood Moon Eclipse in Watertown, New York-September 27, 2015
- City Fireman May Have to Give Up Job If Elected to City Council Seat But GOP State Senate Staffer Will Not If He Wins? All 'Conflicts of Interests' Are Not Equal
- US Caused Refugee Crisis in Syria by Refusing to Accept a Russian Deal that Would Have Ended the War
24" of Lake Effect Snow Overnight East of Lake Ontario New York
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Last night about midnight, I looked out the front window and was surprised.
We'd heard that South of us about 8 miles on the Tug Hill Plateau, was supposed to get more snow.
That's nothing new for them. They get a lot of snow.
But the winds, about 35 miles an hour had shifted unexpectedly from the West to the South West which brought all of two feet of snow our way here in Watertown.
People here, unlike in Atlanta, Georgia, are used to tons of snow.
Northern New York has many plows and sanders because we get lots of snow for 6 months of the year.
Just thought I'd share with those of you in the South what our normal day in Winter is like.
When I lived in Oklahoma, a half inch of snow would close schools and businesses.
So I can empathize with those of you in the South that don't see snow that much.
Take a look at these videos and photos and be glad that your snow is the exception and not the norm.
Liberty1955 - Cliff Olney