- Posted January 30, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Senate Democrats Reject Justice Department Nominee Over Abu-Jamal Case
- Hurricane Sandy Aid and the 'Christie Story' Shows Why People Hate Government
- "Hey,Corporate America, Give Your Employees a Pay Raise and "Buy Yourself Some Good Publicity
- 'Beep' the E.U., Victoria Nuland Has More To Say On a New 'Russian Released Video' About $5 Billion U.S. Spent On 'Helping' Liberate Ukraine
- Comcast- Time Warner Merger? Better for Whom? Absolutely Not. No Way, No How!
24" of Lake Effect Snow Overnight East of Lake Ontario New York
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Last night about midnight, I looked out the front window and was surprised.
We'd heard that South of us about 8 miles on the Tug Hill Plateau, was supposed to get more snow.
That's nothing new for them. They get a lot of snow.
But the winds, about 35 miles an hour had shifted unexpectedly from the West to the South West which brought all of two feet of snow our way here in Watertown.
People here, unlike in Atlanta, Georgia, are used to tons of snow.
Northern New York has many plows and sanders because we get lots of snow for 6 months of the year.
Just thought I'd share with those of you in the South what our normal day in Winter is like.
When I lived in Oklahoma, a half inch of snow would close schools and businesses.
So I can empathize with those of you in the South that don't see snow that much.
Take a look at these videos and photos and be glad that your snow is the exception and not the norm.
Liberty1955 - Cliff Olney