- Posted January 31, 2014 by
- Hamon Charitable Foundation Donates $2 Million to the T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center for Faith Presbyterian Hospice
- Mirador Accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Raises More Than $750
- Mirador Hosts “From the First Settlers to Today” with Jim Moloney
- The Stayton at Museum Way Welcomed Lt. Col. Oliver North to Speak About America in the New Millennium
- Local Senior’s Schedule Reads Like That of a 30-Year-Old
Karl Rove Visits Friends and Speaks to a Packed House at Querencia at Barton Creek
“It was a true honor to have Karl Rove speak here at Querencia,” said Nate Weyand, executive director of Querencia. “He is a political legend, and it was a real pleasure to get to hear him talk in such an intimate setting. He is a fascinating man who is full of interesting stories.”
Rove has over two decades of experience in the political arena. He is an iconic political strategist and has provocative and robust knowledge of the major political issues of today. Rove is a bestselling author of “Courage and Consequence” and is a Fox News Contributor and a Wall Street Journal Columnist.
Rove is friends with Querencia residents Terry Townsend and Jack Puryear. Rove stayed after the presentation to sign over 50 copies of his book and chatted with all residents who stayed to talk to him.
ABOUT QUERENCIA AT BARTON CREEK
Querencia at Barton Creek is a premier life care senior living resort located at Barton Creek Boulevard and Chalk Knoll Drive in Austin, Texas, less than a mile from Barton Creek Resort & Club. The 400,000 square-foot senior living resort features 167 independent living residences, including 10 villas, on 38 acres. Residences are available in one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans ranging in size from 830 square feet to more than 2,200 square feet. The Plaza at Querencia features assisted living apartment homes in one- and two-bedroom designs, memory support suites, private nursing rooms for long-term care, and Medicare-certified private suites for short-term rehabilitation.
Querencia at Barton Creek is 501(c)(3) not-for-profit senior living community sponsored by Senior Quality Lifestyles Corporation (SQLC), a Texas-based nonprofit organization that sponsors sister communities Edgemere in Dallas, The Buckingham in Houston, Mirador in Corpus Christi, The Stayton at Museum Way in Fort Worth, and The Barrington of Carmel in Indianapolis. For information, visit www.QuerenciaBartonCreek.com, or call (512) 610-9401.
Photo provided by Querencia at Barton Creek (left to right):
1. Terry Townsend, Karl Rove and Jack Puryear
2. Karl Rove and Nate Weyand