- Posted January 31, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The written word: Your personal essays
- The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part II
- The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part I
- The Joint War Criminality of Obama and Netanhayu’s Israel in exterminating the Palestinian People is a Crime Against Humanity
- The Shooting down of MH17 is a Terrorist Act and a Crime Against Humanity: The bastard Americans must back off from the on-going international investigation Part II
- The Shooting down of MH17 is a Terrorist Act and a Crime Against Humanity: The bastard Americans must back off from the on-going international investigation Part I
Burden of Humanity: The Question of the Horrible Plight of the Rohingya II
I am also in agreement with him that the mass arrests must stop.
Smith said that:
"These arbitrary detentions broaden the scope of the human rights violations in the area and should be immediately brought to an end. There needs to be accountability for this wave of horrific violence … but mass arrests of Muslim men and boys are not the way."
Though the Burmese government has repeatedly denied that any violence that took place on the said area on the said date, I am compel to say that I do not believe on their repeated denial. If what they are saying is true, then they should allow the UN workers, independent media and journalists and other pertinent global humanistic organization to go to the said area to see for themselves the true state of affairs.
I call upon the international community and all humanists to join the struggle of the Rohingya people.
Once, the late great President Nelson Mandela said that:
“We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”
Nonetheless, I would like to add to those words of wisdom of that great man:
That our freedom is incomplete without the freedom, not only of the Palestinian people, but also those of the Rohingyas and all people who are victims of violence, marginalization, discrimination, exploitation and dehumanization, etc!
To paraphrase the immortal words of Rosa Luxemburg:
What I want is a universal system that will enable me to love everybody with a clear conscience.
FOR WE ARE ALL ONE!!!
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
College of Arts and Letters
Polytechnic University of the Philippines