About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view bentesiorna's profile
    Posted January 31, 2014 by
    Cotabato, Philippines

    More from bentesiorna

    News team injured by IED blast in Maguindanao


    Two members of a news team from Manila who are on coverage in Maguindanao were injured when an improvised explosive device went off near their vehicle Saturday morning.


    The injured journalists were identified as Jeff Caparas and cameraman Adrian Bulatao of ABC TV5.


    The incident happened around 8 a.m. in Datu Saudi Ampatuan town. The military said that the TV crew was in the area to cover an explosion incident when the blast occurred.


    It was learned that the TV crew was in a convoy with the military when the explosion happened. Aside from the tv crew, some civilians were also wounded in the blast along with four other soldiers.


    The two journalists were rushed to the hospital where they are now being treated for their injuries. They are said to be in stable condition.


    Authorities temporarily closed the national highway from Datu Saudi Ampatuan going to Datu Piang after the incident.


    The Armed Forces of the Philippines is waging battle against the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) in Maguindanao since last week.


    More than 50 rebels have died so far some of them were minor combatants.

    Add your Story Add your Story