- Posted February 1, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
- UNHCR's deviant behavior in Yemen -Will Donors Put Pressure on UN to do the right thing?
- Yemen and the Horn of Africa: U.S-China battle over the Ogaden Basin, different powers emerge to play in the same old field
- Somalia: Explaining why Somali people quit listening to BBC and VOA Somali Services
- Ethiopia: Abdullahi Hussein holds Seminar in Support of Ogaden Human Rights
- #Somalia: The Rising number in Jubaland schools and Universities enrollment
Ethiopia: Ethiopia Confirmed the Abduction of the two-Key ONLF negotiators
Speaking with Harun Maruf's VOA Somali service, Ethiopian regional adviser,Abdinur confirmed that the two-key negotiators are at their hands but failed to identify the exact place they are being held and when they as usual by gunpoint be forced to speak without their consent to the media,however,it is obvious now that the action was intended to jeopardize the international backed peace-talks between the government and ONLF.
It's likely to be that the Ogaden puppet administration of Abdi iley and Ethiopian generals stationed at Ogaden are behind this critical and unethical incident that violated the essential international norm and violated the Kenyan sovereignty.
It has been reporting that the Ethiopian ethnic Tigre generals at Ogaden and the Ogaden puppet administration were unhappy and opposing any peace-talks aiming to solve the long-standing Ogaden Conflict by means of political solution.
Somali diaspora from Ogaden Region reacted angrily and condemned the Ethiopian agents' abduction of the senior ONLF-negotiators.
Analysts say that this move may affect diplomatic negotiations between ONLF and Ethiopia brokered by Kenyan Government on 2012.
ONLF is a separatist rebel group fighting to make the Somali region of illegal Ethiopian Occupied-Ogaden in eastern Ethiopia an independent state.
ONLF, established in 1984, demands for the autonomy of this region which is a home to about 8-10 million Somali Muslims.