- Posted February 2, 2014 by
- Breaking News:-Ethiopia “kidnaps” chief rebel negotiators in Kenya
- Another round of land grab in the name of horticulture investment in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia’s Court Sentences Oromo Political Prisoners
- Liyu police killed innocent civilians in oromia East Hararge zone
- The Ethiopian Regime Using Liyu Police has Massacred Civilians in Mustahil District
Ethiopian government forces raid university students at Haramaya University.
The conflict between the Governments forces and students started when Water and Environment Engineering department students demanded for the improvement of academic condition in their department and tried to raise their academic rights to the university management. In response to the students demand, The Federal police, Oromia police and the police of the campus together used unbalanced force, tear gas and beaten the students.
According to our source, several students were severely injured and taken by security forces to unknown place . In related source students died and more than 250 students sent to the hospital due to the food poison created in the campus. The tension in the campus has continued and the teaching and learning process is interrupted.