- Posted February 2, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
US bishop to visit typhoon-hit Philippines
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Philippine government welcomed the visit of Louisville Archbishop and US Conference of Catholic Bishops president Joseph Kurtz is visiting Yolanda-hit areas this week, together with officials of the Catholic Relief Services.
Valte said Bishop Joseph Kurtz is visiting Yolanda-hit areas this week, together with officials of the Catholic Relief Services, adding that his visit can do much for people’s morale.
He will be the latest high-profile personality from the powerful Catholic Church to visit the typhoon-hit areas in recent weeks.
“We’ve been seeing lot of these visits. It does much for the morale of people there,” Valte said, adding that at least calamity victims are assured they are not forgotten.
The Malacanang official also said that aside from boosting people’s morale, it likewise will give the officials a firsthand look at the extent of the devastation and at the same time assure them of continued help.
She also said that the government is committed to assure that help will be on its way for all those who need it.