- Posted February 3, 2014 by
- Statement by the RMG Company Regarding the Start of Mining Operations on the Sakdrissi-Kachagiani License Site #1
- Dmitry Troitsky: “We Will Only Carry Out Whatever We Have Official Permission For”
- “Halting the Activities of RMG is a Serious Issue for the Entire Country”
- “RMG’s Openness to Conduct an Ecological Audit is Quite Welcomed”
- “RMG” Answers Allegations Posed by the National Party
Combined Cycle TEP Station Begins Construction in Gardabani
A partnership fund in association with its subsidiary, Georgian Oil & Gas Corporation, is planning on building a 230 MW combined cycle thermo electric power station in Gardabani, Georgia. The start of the construction was celebrated on January 17th, and was attended by Georgian PM Irakli Garibashvili and Minister of Energy Kakha Kaladze, among other members of the government.
The combo-cycle TEP station will start functioning at the end of 2015 and will boast newest technolocigal advances, including General Electric-manufactured top-of-the-line turbines. It ill be able to stand as a backup in case of an energy problem, and will be almost twice as efficient compared to other thermo electric stations in Georgia, making it the largest project of its nature to be implemented in the country.
The investment cost of the project is $220 Million, and construction will be conducted by the large Turkish company ÇALIK ENERJİ.