- Posted February 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines to close row with HK
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma Jr. said they continue to work toward an understanding -- the key toward finally achieving the much-needed closure.
"We are still hoping both sides will be able to reach an agreement. Our approach is still to continue on the path of seeking a solution and that is where we continue to be until the present time," he said at a media briefing.
Coloma said the Philippine government has been looking for the best "mutually acceptable" solution.
"Since day one, we have been looking for a common position to give closure to this," he said.
Coloma also said the Philippine government will not take any action that will make both parties stray from their goal of understanding.
"We do not want to take actions that lead us away from an understanding," he said.