- Posted February 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Cybercrime law in Phl still in limbo?
Binay said the war against crimes using new technology has been left unchecked by government regulators making it more difficult for authorities to monitor large-scale producers and distributors of child pornography as well as individuals who engage in cybersex using minors.
"In my opinion, our country's information security system is not that encompassing, everyone has their own security set-up. Because of this, our law enforcement capability has become weak -- even our government websites are vulnerable and easily compromised," she said.
The National Bureau of Investigation's (NBI) Cybercrime Division is at the forefront against the cybercrime. However, its capacity to police national cyberspace may not be enough even to oversee the critical security portals of the banking and finance sector, transportation, telecommunications, water and electricity systems.
"If we set a devoted government office that checks our info sec, we might have a fighting chance to stop the broadcast of child cybersex," Binay suggested.
The lady senator stressed that one measure that might stop child cybersex, or cybercrime in general, is to strengthen our country's information security framework.
To date, she said there is no formal agency that leads its operations.