- Posted February 4, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Chicago PD Caught Running Black Site: Mainstream Media Ignores Story
- Lets Start the New Year to Petition Obama to Acknowledge We Have A Right to Video Record!
- Please Sign Petition: For Obama to Acknowledge We Have the Lawful Right to Record Police
- Written Commentary: The deaths of NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos
- Update: Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
Super Bowl Post-Game Conference & Security Infiltrated by Journalist
This years Super Bowl was touted as the most secure sporting event in history. The assets placed on the ground were astounding:
700 State Troopers
3,000 security guards, state, local, county and federal assets
including, also, the U.S. military
This security was put in place because supposedly this event was going to threatened by a group of individuals who hate American football, Al-Qaeda.
The time, money and energy spent in securing the arena was unprecedented ranging in the millions of dollars. However, the security put in place was easily circumvented by Matthew Mills of Brooklyn, New York, a independent journalist. Using media credentials from a previous event last year, he was able to board a bus, go through the layers of security using his press pass and enter the event.
The highlight of Matthew Mills was infiltrating the post-game press conference where Malcolm Smith was being interviewed. Matthew Mills went to the microphone being used by Malcolm Smith, snatched the microphone and said, "investigate 9/11, 9/11 was perpetrated by people within our own government." Matthew Mills was later pulled aside from the microphone, and later arrested. He was released on his own recognizance.
The words uttered by Matthew Mills was heard by 100 million individuals watching the Super Bowl. One has to ask, was it worth all that time and effort to secure an event that even terrorist don't care about?
YouTube Video of Infiltration: