- Posted February 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipino actor’s complaint doctored?
Southern Police District (SPD) Director Chief Supt. Jose Erwin Villacorte said the five police officers were relieved for their alleged failure to follow the standard operating procedure.
Villacorte ordered the relieve of Superintendent Nelson Bautista, chief of the District Investigation and Detective Management; Senior Inspector Eduardo Alcantara; Police Officer 3 Dalmacio Lumiwan; PO3 Lory Laurento; and PO3 Eugene Pugal.
He said the five policemen will be put under the SPD’s District Personnel Holding Unit, while investigations on possible administrative lapses such as their failure to have Navarro undergo mandatory medical examinations, is still being conducted.
Villacorte said the police officers told him that they asked Navarro to go to the hospital but he refused.
On January 22, Lee’s group brought Navarro to the SPD in Taguig City where he was accused of allegedly raping Cornejo in a condominium in Bonifacio Global City.
Navarro denied the allegations and filed charges of serious physical injuries, grave threats, illegal detention, grave coercion and unlawful arrest and blackmail against Cornejo and Lee’s group.