- Posted February 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
‘We’ll not give up West Philippine Sea’
In an interview early this week, Aquino told the The New York Times that the government is also seeking international support in contesting China's claims over the West Philippine Sea.
The Philippines is among the Asian countries that have territorial disputes with China over the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).
"If we say yes to something we believe is wrong now, what guarantee is there that the wrong will not be further exacerbated down the line? At what point do you say, ‘Enough is enough?’ Well, the world has to say it," The New York Times quoted Aquino as saying.
During the interview, the President also said he is optimistic the Philippines and the United States are very close to an agreement that could enhance the Philippines' security.
“We are very optimistic that will happen,” he said.