- Posted February 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines likens China to Hitler
Coloma raised the issue following Aquino’s interview with The New York Times where he made the Hitler reference.
The New York Times quoted Aquino saying: “At what point do you say, ‘Enough is enough’? Well, the world has to say it -- remember that the Sudetenland was given in an attempt to appease Hitler to prevent World War II.”
Coloma explained that the President’s mention of Hitler was only done in such a way that he cited a fact since he was fond of reading military history books, especially at night.
During the interview, the President said that whenever he would learn new facts from historical events, he would try to analyze if it had any similarity or relevance to current events.
“As a storyteller and as a conversationalist, the President often gives details about a particular situation, so it could happen that he was simply citing the fact,” Coloma further clarified.