- Posted February 5, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Impact Your World
- Families displaced by violence in Northern Iraq tell of terrifying ordeal
- Scenes of destruction in remote villages from China's 6.5 magnitude quake
- South Sudan: Children in Conflict
- South Sudan: Millions of people's lives at risk in world's newest country
- Basic supplies bring some relief to storm-struck communities
Refugees flee South Sudan violence
- sarahbrowngb, CNN iReport producer
“It is a scene of desperation as the refugees arrive at the border, relieved to have finally arrived to a safe place. They look frail and exhausted, a reflection of just how the journey was long and grueling,” said Lucy Murunga, a World Vision emergency communicator who works with refugees in the camp.
The refugee’s first stop at the camp is the reception center. There they receive food, water and basic supplies like a tent, a sleeping mat and soap. Many have fled with nothing. World Vision one of the many aid organizations assisting refugees in the camp, providing food assistance for the daily arrivals.