- Posted February 6, 2014 by
- Statement by the RMG Company Regarding the Start of Mining Operations on the Sakdrissi-Kachagiani License Site #1
- Dmitry Troitsky: “We Will Only Carry Out Whatever We Have Official Permission For”
- “Halting the Activities of RMG is a Serious Issue for the Entire Country”
- “RMG’s Openness to Conduct an Ecological Audit is Quite Welcomed”
- “RMG” Answers Allegations Posed by the National Party
Georgian Minister of Energy on Khudoni HPP Meeting
Kakha Kaladze’s official Facebook page issued a statement on February the 4th regarding a recent meeting covering the Khudoni HPP project. The statement, unchanged, is as follows:
“As a reminder, the Khudoni HPP investor heeded the government’s advice and hired the international organization “rePlan” with the goal of registering the lands confiscated from the Khaishi populace during the previous government. As of today, a part of the local population has created problems to the beginning of these processes and expressed protest.
In parallel to the ongoing processes, the MP of Mestia and spokesperson for Svaneti, a member of the government and the Minister of Corrections and Legal Assistance Mr. Sozar Subari held meetings with the village populace at the request of the locals.
According to the representatives of Svaneti, more time is needed in order to avoid excesses and further complications of the situation, namely to develop a small group of several people who will communicate with the investor and represent the locals. On their hand, the Ministry of Energy will ensure this communication and do its utmost in assisting to provide a fast and legal way of conducting the ongoing processes.
The participating sides of today’s meeting are once again emphasizing and reminding the local population that this project is an event of governmental importance, and its realization will benefit every citizen. They urge the local population to be constructive and actively participate in the ongoing processes.”