- Posted February 6, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Honest Filipino returns cash!
The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) on Thursday said another honest airport pushcart retriever returned to proper authorities a pouch containing 2,400 Australian dollars left by an arriving passenger Wednesday night.
The MIAA-Media Affairs Division said Rodolfo Bernal was doing his daily routine when he noticed the pouch which was left in the pushcart at the arrival area of Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1.
Instead of pocketing it as no one was around to see him, Bernal hurriedly informed his immediate supervisor of the lost item and turned it over to the airport Intelligence and Investigation Division.
When inventoried, the pouch contained the cash which is equivalent to some P90,000, the owner's passport and some documents.
Airport authorities contacted the Filipino-Australian, owner and returned the items.
Two weeks ago, Jony Villon, 41, also a pushcart retriever at NAIA Terminal 1 returned US$ 4,800 in cash he found at the airport’s parking area “A”.
Since then, Villon’s life has changed as a number of generous people showered him with reward money and other things, including a scholarship to any school accredited by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
MIAA General Manager Jose Angel Honrado gave a commendation to Villon for the honesty he displayed while on duty.