- Posted February 6, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
China violates rule of law, says Phl
Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez told a press briefing that China’s claim under its so-called nine-dash line map is also a form of expansionism.
“Expansionism in the form of the nine-dash line in the South China Sea is in gross violation of the rule of law and threatens peace and stability,” Hernandez said.
Apart from the Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia, Taiwan and Vietnam have also been contesting China's massive claim over a tongue-shaped encirclement in the South China Sea.
Hernandez made the remarks after Chinese state news agency Xinhua called President Benigno Aquino III "an amateurish politician who was ignorant both of history and reality."
China has imposed a fishing ban for non-Chinese vessels in the area in an apparent attempt to assert control over the disputed waters.
“This expansionism is being driven by might and not what is right,” Hernandez said.