- Posted February 6, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Immigration Debate Continues...
- A Broken A/C Leads to an Adventure at Great Basin NP…
- Do Symbolic Gestures Help? Or…Do they Just Distract from the Real Problems?
- If We Self Segregate is there Any Hope That We Will Ever Find Common Ground?
- President Obama Vetoed the Keystone XL Pipeline Bill Today
Will Immigration Reform Save or Cost the American People?
One of the big reasons they gave for immigrants helping our economy was they start new businesses. I cannot deny that they do, immigrant businesses exist right here in Little Rock. What is puzzling to me about this is that many of these immigrants come here with little to nothing by way of money or belongings, know little about our culture and are not fluent in our language and yet they can find success where too many of our impoverished citizen fail.
Another reason that they gave was that we would be able to recruit more intellectuals for our tech companies if more work visas were granted. Again this makes me question us, our natural born citizens. What is wrong with us that we don’t qualify for these positions? We have high unemployment and no one to fill these jobs.
I cannot remember all the reasons that they mentioned but it makes you wonder if immigrants really are the answer, since our population has lost the entrepreneurial spirit and does not take advantage of the educational opportunities given to them.
I realize there is much more to it than my little musings on the topic, but you have to admit, it is interesting to think about.