- Posted February 7, 2014 by
- Statement by the RMG Company Regarding the Start of Mining Operations on the Sakdrissi-Kachagiani License Site #1
- Dmitry Troitsky: “We Will Only Carry Out Whatever We Have Official Permission For”
- “Halting the Activities of RMG is a Serious Issue for the Entire Country”
- “RMG’s Openness to Conduct an Ecological Audit is Quite Welcomed”
- “RMG” Answers Allegations Posed by the National Party
71.9% of Live Viewers Support Khudoni HPP Construction
“Every time we get the opportunity and I am to appear on television, I try to offer simple explanations on the importance of the Khudoni project to the public” – Kakha Kaladze, Georgia’s minister of Energy, stated while on air with the “Caucasia” television channel. According to him, the Public Defender’s accusation is false – where the Ministry of Energy and the investor company are allegedly avoiding meeting with Khaishi’s population.
“We’re ready for a dialogue with the local population. Statements such as the ministry and investor refusing to meet with the locals are frequent. This is a lie, I’d like to make this statement with full responsibility.”
The minister of Energy is planning on meeting the local population and offering favorable terms in the near future:
“As for the final packet which is to be presented to the local population, they need to be informed of the sums for their relocation. We’re not saying to just give a large amount of money to these people and then expect them to simply leave Svaneti. Quite the opposite, we’re saying that a territory will be found in the nearby area, and if desire is expressed of course, we can build a small village right there, Khaishi, with solid infrastructure all-around. The local population will also have the option to participate in realizing this project, and secure permanent job positions once it’s done.”
In the interactive survey conducted by the “Caucasia” channel, on the question “should the Khudoni HPP be built?” 71.9% of the viewers voted in favor, while 27.5% voted against. 0.6% of the votes were unsure of their position.