- Posted February 7, 2014 by
- New Work by Connecticut Sculptor Joe Gitterman Now in Bushnell Plaza Sculpture Garden
- Treating Hypertension: Author Rebecca Park Totilo’s New Book, “How to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally With Essential Oil"
- Book Release – ‘The Big Bang and Lines of Space’
- Inspire+Aspire Women Leadership Conference, Hosted By Robyn Knox Is Going To Be Held On 15th January
- Venezuelan Cellist Carmine Miranda Praised By International Music Critics For His Recording Release Piatti: 12 Caprices
Providence Place Announces the 6th Annual Drive One Home Charity Golf Tournament
Providence Place, an adoption agency and campus for you adults with disabilities, announces their 6th Annual Drive One Home Charity Golf Tournament to be held on April 2nd in San Antonio, Texas.
Started in 2007, the tournament was established as a way for two adoptive fathers to continue supporting Providence Place. Now, 7 years later, the tournament is both a charity fundraiser and an exciting event for individuals and businesses in the community.
The proceeds from this golf tournament go towards two of Providence Place’s signature programs: Action Adoption and the Center for Higher Independence. Action Adoption works to place children in loving homes and help start new families. The program also works with pregnant women who are dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and need support and guidance. The Center for Higher Independence helps young adults with disabilities learn vocational and life skills after high school, helping them find the right path for their future.
Besides golf, the charity event will feature lunch, live entertainment by Emory Quinn, dinner, and a silent auction. The tournament will be a family event held at the Hyatt Hill Country Golf Course with many hotel activities for all ages.
About Providence Place:
Providence Place of San Antonio, Texas is a nonprofit organization offering domestic, international, older child and embryo adoption services, vocational training for adults with disabilities and working with other nonprofit organizations in the San Antonio area. To learn more about the work they do or to schedule a tour of their 25-acre campus, visit their website or contact them today.