- Posted February 7, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to world leaders: Join us vs China
"Definitely we are in full support of President Aquino in respect to our claims on the West Philippine Sea. We will defend our rights of course," said Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr.
Rep. Elpidio Barzaga Jr. said there is similarity between what happened in the World War II and what China is doing to the Philippines right now.
"China is already using its power and might by exercising acts of dominion over the disputed West Philippine Sea,” Barzaga said.
He also said it’s about time that powerful nations should support the Philippines and settle the issue of ownership over the West Philippine Sea in a very peaceful manner applying international laws.
Rep. Marcelino Teodoro for his part said Aquino was right to compare China's efforts to claim a huge portion of the West Philippine Sea with those of Nazi Germany.
"I fully support the President's statement towards China. Truth be told, they (China officials) are acting like (Adolf) Hitler by reinforcing their military forces in the disputed islands, not to mention their unyielding attitude towards the UN (United Nations) process in resolving the West Philippine Sea dispute," Teodoro said.
He pointed out that Aquino's statements echo the sentiments of Filipinos that we are against the dictatorship of China by threatening and using force against the Philippines instead of adhering to our bilateral relations and to the rule of international law. Reverberate
President Aquino, in an interview with The New York Times, has compared China’s claim on the West Philippine Sea to the Hitler philosophy.