- Posted February 9, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Winter weather 2014
- Hurricane Sandy Aid and the 'Christie Story' Shows Why People Hate Government
- "Hey,Corporate America, Give Your Employees a Pay Raise and "Buy Yourself Some Good Publicity
- 'Beep' the E.U., Victoria Nuland Has More To Say On a New 'Russian Released Video' About $5 Billion U.S. Spent On 'Helping' Liberate Ukraine
- Comcast- Time Warner Merger? Better for Whom? Absolutely Not. No Way, No How!
- The United States is Facing a Catastrophic Shortage of Clowns.
Lake Effect Snow Storm Update- Watertown, NY- Sunday, February 9, 2014
- Verybecoming, CNN iReport producer
The first video shows State Street and the size of the snow banks.
We turned down a side street on the way home after dropping off David to see what Thompson Park looked like.
Parents had taken their kids to slide on the hill. The snow, now just a fine mist continued to fall.
The third video is of Thompson Blvd.
The banks are still high and there is talk of where to put all the snow.
Watertown has received over 145" so far this Winter.
Tug Hill Plateau has gotten more than 227" and it only the first week of February.
Newzjunky, our local online news source has carried some of the photos submitted by the residents in the area.
Some guy in Rodman, posted a picture of his truck along side a 12' snow bank outside of Watertown near the Tug Hill.
The photos can be seen at:
The last video is of Saturday night while the storm was still happening.
The forecast for Watertown, NY, this week? More snow.
No surprises here.
Cliff Olney in Watertown, NY