- Posted February 9, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Wintry weather 2014
- Why Blame Trump or the GOP? Anti-Immigrant Hate Coming From Everyday Americans
- Why Do Republicans, Who Don't Believe In Democracy; Run For Government?
- Ben Carson Stands by Claim on Egypt's Pyramids - The Bible Says They Were Built to Store Grain?
- Quentin Tarantino Isn't Apologizing. Nor Should He. Police Should Apologize First to Americans
- Obama's "No Boots on the Ground" in Syria Becomes Another Image of Disappointment for Those Who Believed He Wanted Peace
Lake Effect Snow Storm Update- Watertown, NY- Sunday, February 9, 2014
- Verybecoming, CNN iReport producer
The first video shows State Street and the size of the snow banks.
We turned down a side street on the way home after dropping off David to see what Thompson Park looked like.
Parents had taken their kids to slide on the hill. The snow, now just a fine mist continued to fall.
The third video is of Thompson Blvd.
The banks are still high and there is talk of where to put all the snow.
Watertown has received over 145" so far this Winter.
Tug Hill Plateau has gotten more than 227" and it only the first week of February.
Newzjunky, our local online news source has carried some of the photos submitted by the residents in the area.
Some guy in Rodman, posted a picture of his truck along side a 12' snow bank outside of Watertown near the Tug Hill.
The photos can be seen at:
The last video is of Saturday night while the storm was still happening.
The forecast for Watertown, NY, this week? More snow.
No surprises here.
Cliff Olney in Watertown, NY