- Posted February 13, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Center for Filipino farmers proposed
"Our prime vision is to consolidate the farmers' sector nationwide and ensure the delivery of goods and services to their members," stressed Rep. Delphine Gan Lee, author of HB 3786 referred to the Committee on Agriculture chaired by Rep. Mark Llandro Mendoza for proper disposition.
Under the proposed "Farmer Accreditation Act of 2013", a National Farmer Accreditation Center under the Department of Agriculture shall be created to serve as a development center for farmers.
"Accreditation of all farmers shall be compulsory but free of charge and shall be implemented on the village, municipal, city, provincial and national levels," Lee clarified.
Lee proposes a P50-million initial funding, stressing that no accreditation fee shall be collected from farmer-members.
By creating an accreditation program for farmers nationwide, the resources of the government will be better and more equitably distributed to those who need it most.
"This will increase the assistance provided to our farmers and make farming a more attractive undertaking," Lee pointed out.
The proposed National Farmer Accreditation Center is mandated to accredit farmers, produce a database or directory of accredited farmers nationwide, and conduct seminars, trainings, and other related activities to make them more productive and responsive to change.