- Posted February 13, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Pres. Obama to visit Philippines
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. confirmed the earlier announcement of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) that President Obama is set to visit late April this year.
Aside from the Philippines, President Obama will also be visiting Japan, South Korea, Malaysia in the same month.
“President Obama will meet with Philippine President Benigno Aquino III to discuss ways to further strengthen enduring alliance,” Coloma said.
The communications secretary further said the alliance includes the expanding of security, economic and people to people ties.
“President Obama’s visit will provide a new momentum to Philippine-US relations and strengthen the partnerships of the two nations in many areas,” Coloma said.
He also said that there is no concrete information on what particular topics will be discussed between the two leaders since the agenda is still being completed.