- Posted February 13, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
- The Only Work of Art in U.S. History to Spark A Congressional Investigation.
- "Digital Peruggias" Filming Begins in Jacksonville
- Mainland China Manufacturer Incurs the Wrath of the U.S. Government
- First RB McGrath Public Art Design "Fallen Heroes Memorial Garden" Nears Completion
- Governor Mike Beebe (AR) on IPR theft and internet piracy by Chinese manufacturers
Congress Tim Griffin (R-AR) Announces Bid for Lt. Governor in Arkansas
The announcement was made official on Thurs. February 13. Congressman Griffin's term in Washington is slated to end this November. Explaining his desire to be with his family and still work for the citizens Griffin publicly announced the beginning of his campaign for Lt. Governor of the State of Arkansas. Griffin was first elected to Congress in 2010 and serves on the powerful House Ways and Means Committee.
“As Lieutenant Governor, one, I will work to restore trust by reforming the office and saving hardworking taxpayer dollars. Two, I will use my experience, knowledge and relationships to help Arkansas compete and grow jobs. And three, I will serve as a resource for the Governor and Legislature to help move Arkansas forward,” he said.
The only Democrat to announce for the Lt. Governor post is businessman John Burkhalter.