- Posted February 17, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Winter Olympics 2014
- HS Teacher Suspended Science Projects Launce Projectiles: Zero Common Sense Policy
- Cliven Bundy & BLM Stand Off: What the media isn't telling you!
- Cliven Bundy, BLM Land Grab situation over for now but the devil is in the details!
- Help Cliven Bundy -- Cattle Rancher Under Siege by BLM
- New York SAFE Act Gun Registration Nears: April 15
Sochi Olympics -- Gay Rights: Proper Venue to voice opposition?
It is the opinion of this iReporter, that using the Olympics as a political venue and forums takes away from the athletes. It takes away from the spirit of competition that the Olympics is supposed to represent. But why Russia? Is it an attempt to make Russia look bad? Is it an attempt the West to "stick it" to Russia, our former Cold War enemy?
Also, how many of us can actually say that we have read the legislation in Russia that on its face appears to be anti-homosexual? So therefore, if we read it, we truly understand the nature of the legislation and the nature of the protest against Russia?
Lastly, while I do oppose any form of homosexual life style, it not my right, or any one's right to say who you can love. As long as the two individuals understand what they are doing, and respect the rights of others, than we should allow those two consenting adults to be left alone. It is not any one's right to judge who we can and can not love even if we detest that life style. That is what freedom is all about.