- Posted February 19, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Abortion alarms Philippine lawmaker
“Fetuses have been found in garbage cans, thrown and abandoned by their mothers only to be discovered by unknown and concerned citizens and reported by the media,”Bagatsing noted.
The veteran lawmaker said he filed House Bill No. 3201, which aims to establish a system for monitoring and reporting of incidents of abortion for the prosecution and rehabilitation of those who may be charged with committing offenses under the code.
Bagatsing noted that some fetuses never get to be discovered at all, sadly to be left in the confines of anonymity.
“These fetuses are the unwanted and uncared for unborn babies who have been wantonly murdered to hide the shame of their mothers,” he said.
According to the 1987 Constitution, “The State shall equally protect the life of the mothers and the life of the unborn from conception.”
“We have to give more flesh to this constitutional right of the unborn. This bill recognizes the unborn child’s basic right to life and the need to be protected against acts, which pose danger to his/her life, bearing in mind that the unborn child is totally incapable of protecting himself/herself,” the author stressed.