- Posted February 20, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov’t: Enough electricity this summer
Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda raised the issue following the Supreme Court decision to further postpone the temporary restraining order (TRO) of Meralco’s power rate hike for 60 more days last Tuesday.
Meralco warned of blackouts if the TRO will not be lifted, saying that it can no longer pay for generation and transmission charges.
“Well there is a case before the Supreme Court...all I can tell you is that Secretary (Carlos Jericho) Petilla and the DOE (Department of Energy) team will make sure that there will be electricity in the summer months,” Lacierda said in a Palace briefing.
“Government will not allow the interruption of electricity,” he added.
Malacanang also reiterated a statement by President Benigno S. Aquino III saying that Meralco and other industry players should have prepared for the power rate hike because it was foreseeable.