- Posted February 21, 2014 by
ICandy Radio Brings Awareness About Lupus in A Unique Way!
I first met the CEO of I Candy Radio through a goggle chat that we had with Judge Lauren Lake of Paternity Court and Cassandra Craven! We were so excited to be apart of the chat and we hit it off instantly. Now, Mrs. Nakisha Graves is hosting her own event. I will be there to cover it. It takes place in June and it’s a SUMMER FEST!! This is going to be the EVENT of the year. There will be celebrity guests such as Dennis L.A. White from the hit show Parenthood and the film Notorious, Tyrice Lollis and more. There will also be performances and Dj’s as well. This event is very special because it’s a charity event. All the money from the auction, etc will go to a Lopus Foundation. When Mrs. Graves asked me to cover the event I couldn’t help but to say yes.
Lupus is a disease that can affect any part of the body causing major pain throughout the body. The immune system attacks the body, which results in tissue damage. There is no cure for Lupus as of yet. Some symptoms of Lupus are pain or swelling in joints and muscle pain. If you feel that you experience these symptoms often please see a physician.
I look forward to going to the summer fest and enjoying the festivities. Summer Music fest will be a weekend long event that will increase the awareness of not just Lupus but also learn all about ICandy Radio and what it has to offer. Here is what this great event will include:
Events: The Celebrity Summer Music Fest will be held on June 20•2, 2014 in Goldsboro, N.C. There are a series of events that last from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. A full listing of events follows (in chronological order):
● Cocktail Hour Mixer: to kick off the weekend, guests will enjoy a cocktail hour evening and meet and greet.
● Step in the Name of Lupus Dance: Chicago style step dance lessons
● Caribbean Day Bash: This event will be filled with food and music from the different islands of the Caribbean along with face painters, bouncy castles and so much more for the kids. The USO-NC will be present at this event.
● Men of Today, Hope for Tomorrow Date Auction: an auction where celebrities will be auctioned off for dates to walk the purple carpet with the winner.
● Flawless Beauty Fashion Show: feature fashion of local business owners on models who are part of the local community
● Blurred Lines Workshop: a relationship workshop presented by relationship life coach Xklusive Thoughts and The Relationship Handbook Live (an iCandy Radio relationship talk show)
● Purple Carpet Affair: guests will enjoy a Saturday evening filled with elegant food and dynamic entertainment, complete with a host on the iCandy Radio “purple” carpet
● Farewell Brunch: Sunday brunch event to thank the guests who traveled from out of town.
Celebrity appearances, entertainment and five•star VIP treatment will be featured all weekend.
The cause: Half of the ticket proceeds for the event will be going to the Kissed By A Butterfly Lupus Foundation. 100% of the proceeds from the auction will also go to the Foundation.
Tickets: There are four tiers of ticket pricing, and each package grants access to a different set of events. See below for ticket package structure:
● The Gold Package • $45, Friday’s events
● The Diamond Package • $65, Saturday’s events
● The Platinum Package • $95, Friday and Saturday’s events
● The Ultimate VIP Package • $190, all events plus accommodation (travel and hotel room included)
About iCandy Radio: A member of Charlotte’s 704djs, WICR 92.9 FM iCandy Radio was established February 1, 2013 with the goal of broadcasting a broad mix of culture and views, with priority given to the 919 area (North Carolina). iCandy Radio offers an outlet for listeners to hear new independent music and share ideas and opinions through talk shows, commercials and social media pages. iCandy Radio is passionate about helping the Kissed By A Butterfly Foundation which was established by the CEO, Nakisha J. Graves who is a Lupus survivor. They are also on a mission to give back to veterans, active duty military members and their families. iCandy Radio is more than just a radio station it is a community.
Donate to the Lupus Foundation: http://www.gofundme.com/iCandy-Radio