- Posted February 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine official: Not the President!
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. on Saturday raised the issue following news that former Technology Resource Center (TRC) chief Dennis Cunanan decided to testify.
Cunanan, like Ruby Tuason who recently made an appearance at the Senate, was also linked to the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
Cunanan reportedly applied to avail of the Witness Protection Program of the government under the Department of Justice.
President Aquino, in a previous interview, said that more witnesses would be emerging soon, but Malacanang said that this did not necessarily mean that he was behind them at all.
"That allegation has no basis,” Coloma said, adding that the President always stuck to the principle of going where the evidence takes the case.
"The statement of the President was about the importance in recovering the whole truth,” he added.
The communications chief further said that voluntary testimonies from witnesses were necessary to facilitate the case.