- Posted February 22, 2014 by
- David Saganelidze: “The Khudoni Dam is the Most Perspective Project”
- Levan Berdzenishvili: “Arguments from Khudoni HPP Opposers are Weak”
- Georgia's PM Emphasizes Importance of the Khudoni Project
- Energy Development Fund Signs Memorandum on Launch of 6 HPPs
- EBRD to Finance Large Dam Construction in Turkey
European Commissioner for Energy Visits Georgia
The European Commissioner for Energy, Günther Oettinger, came with a visit to Georgia and conducted a meeting with Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili. The meeting was also attended by Kakha Kaladze, Georgia’s Minister of Energy.
The primary topics discussed on the meet were Georgia’s perspectives at joining the European energy union. The European Union team were fully supportive to the idea of Georgia’s enlistment in the energy union, and certain details for the preparation period were discussed. Further negotiations are expected to carry on for 6-8 months with the agreement to be signed no later than October of this year. The talks also touched on Eurointegration matters in general, and certain forward steps in this area were acknowledged.
The participants of the meet then conversed on various specific energy projects, as well.