- Posted February 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines among 10 top tourism hubs
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Palace hopes this would attract even more tourists to visit the Philippines.
"That's really good news. We hope our inclusion in this particular top 10 will serve to draw more tourists to our shores," she said.
She was referring to the online survey by Huffington Post Travel 2014, which recommended the Philippines for “bargain hunters, outdoorsy types and the food obsessed.”
It had said the “cosmopolitan affordability and splendid nature” makes it a destination that offers a lot for their money.
The Aquino administration is turning to tourism as it tries to recover from recent calamities, including super typhoon “Yolanda” (Haiyan).