- Posted February 23, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Gov’t assures safety of Filipinos in Ukraine
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Department of Foreign Affairs continues to watch out for the welfare of Filipino workers in Ukraine.
"Because of some of the events transpiring in Ukraine, particularly Kiev, the DFA has been monitoring the situation and making sure they are watching out for the welfare of Filipinos there," Valte said.
She also said that so far, there has not been any report of Filipinos being adversely affected or injured due to the crisis in Ukraine.
The crisis in Ukraine began in November 2013 with anger over President Viktor Yanukovych’s decision to scuttle a European Union-oriented trade deal and turn toward Russia.
Violence escalated earlier this week with government reporting at least 77 fatalities.
On Friday, however, reports said Yanukovych and opposition leaders agreed to a deal to end the political crisis and the bloody fighting, especially in Kiev.