- Posted February 23, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Wintry weather 2014
- Nantucket Island Riding the Storm Out - Caught in 60 plus MPH thundersnow wind gusts.
- Nantucket Island Under Attack From Pounding November Storm
- The six seasons of the Brant Point Lighthouse Nantucket Island
- STERLACE and DURANGO Bring Home the Gold for the United States at the ISU Adult Figure Skating International Competition in Obersdorf Germany
- Shay Sterlace and Yovanny Durango win 2014 US Adult Figure Skating Championship title by 20 points
February Hail and Thunder storms create double rainbow over Nantucket
Today between 3:52 and 4:20 p.m. there was a massive hail storm that created freezing hail. It fell from the sky sporadically for 28 minutes mixed with rain and freezing rain. This dramatic weather pattern ended with a huge double rainbow that covered the island of Nantucket for several minutes. During that time, storm clouds moved in and were back lit from the sun which created a dramatic effect.