- Posted February 25, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Ironically, The World’s Most Repressive Regimes Delight In U.S. Crack Down In Ferguson- Urge Restraint
- What a Stupid Excuse For Arresting Reporters-Managing the Media's Images in Ferguson, Egypt, and Occupy Wall Street
- So. "Mike Brown 'Bum Rushed' A Cop With A Drawn Automatic Weapon", Say Wilson Supporters?
- Gaza, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Ferguson- Will Governments Ever Give a Damn About People?
- Does Guilt Motivate Poor People To Vote Against Interests By Choosing the GOP?
The United States is Facing a Catastrophic Shortage of Clowns.
I will admit: I am afraid of clowns. Always have been, always will be, so any article stating that there are less clowns, to me, constitutes breaking news on the level of "Man Lands On Moon." All apologies to my face-painted brethren, but good. Good good good. Less clowns = less fear = more happy.
But here's the thing: The World Clown Association is, I think, drastically under-reporting its numbers. The planet, by my lights, is swarming with clowns: Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell, Chris Matthews, Chris Christie, Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Michele Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Ted Yoho, Ted Nugent, Sean Hannity, Rand Paul and fa chrissakes Louie Gohmert are all available for recruitment. Measure them for the big floppy feet and stuff them into the clown car. They're already doing the work."
William Rivers Pitt, Columnist and Editor for Truthout
National clown shortage looms in America
I agree with William Rivers Pitt. They should start recruitment in Washington DC-immediately!