- Posted February 26, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your child's travel firsts
Shannon's First East Coast Trip
Simonton doesn't think you can be too young or too old to travel as long as you have the "travel bug." He's seen children and adults alike throwing tantrums while traveling. "Shannon's always had a great temperament. I never had to do anything to make her behave," he said. "She was, and is, quite mature for her age.
- Verybecoming, CNN iReport producer
I know I'm the gushing dad, but some of these still bring a wee tear to the eye. The pix in sequence:
1. Shannon's first take-off.
2. Shannon hangin' out over Times Square / NYC
3. Shannon @ the Iwo Jima Memorial / DC
4. I know this one's blurry, but Shannon's gaze through the window of her first train journey (DC to Baltimore) still gives me chills...
5. ...as does this one thru the glass at the aquarium @ Baltimore's inner harbor.
6. Now this one -- this is one of my all-time faves. Shannon in the center of it all; Grand Central Station / NYC.