- Posted February 26, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Arizona's 'religious freedom' bill vetoed
What Does "Gay" Look Like?
- Verybecoming, CNN iReport producer
While I am a married lesbian who believes everyone has the right to disagree with whatever they want, I have some questions about this "Religious Freedom":
1) First and foremost, how does speaking with a gay and lesbian person affect someone who is straight? If it upsets them to the point of needing physical space, what is going through their own hearts?
2) How is this any different than denying service to those of a different race, gender, or religious affiliation?
3) How is this any different from flat out discrimation? I feel that if busineses want to openly discriminate then they also need to realize that they are obviously also screaming "I am not an equal opportunity employer". From a purely business perspective, it's bad for business.
4) And last but certainly not least, how on Earth would they know who was gay or not? We don't all wear rainbow outfits and those who choose to, might be straight anyway.
Take a good look at my picture. Do I look like a lesbian? Do I look disabled?
You do the math. I'm glad the Governer did.