- Posted February 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Big-time pushers arrested in Manila
In a statement, PDEA Director General Undersecretary Arturo G. Cacdac, Jr. said the illegal drug was placed inside 10 plastic bags enclosed with red gift wrapper and weighed a total of approximately 10 kilograms.
Cacdac said operatives of PDEA-Special Enforcement Service (SES) under the direct supervision of Director Laurefel Gabales, arrested Thursday the suspects identified as sisters Marylane Inoc, 48 years old; and Jean Apor, 44; and Ali Mahir Ellih, alias Rambo, 19, residents of Citta Halla Subdivision, Bacoor, Cavite City, after they conspired in selling a kilo of shabu worth P5.2 million to a PDEA poseur-buyer, in a fast food restaurant along Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City.
Confiscated further from the trio were nine pieces of closed pack tape-sealed in red wrapping paper containing another nine kilograms of shabu with an estimated market value of P46 million.
Cacdac said the suspects will be charged for violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) in relation to Section 26b (Conspiracy to Sell) and Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Article II of Republic Act 9165, or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
The suspects are presently under the custody of the PDEA SES.