- Posted March 3, 2014 by
Charleston-North Charleston, South Carolina
- Celebrity Apprentice to feature Long Island Master Golf Trainer John Ondrush
- Military Benefit Assn's Wounded Warrior Amputee Football Team Takes On NFL Greats & Snoop Dogg In Phoenix On 28 Jan
- Nathan Jurczyk and Sbga Delivers Company's Largest Donation for Special Advocate Children
- New Author David Di Paolo Combines Love of Medicine, Mystery and Multinational Folklore in His Novel The Artemis Connection
- South Camden Theatre Company Continues its 10th Anniversary Season with a Production of AGNES OF GOD by John Pielmeier
Art Institute of Charleston 12 hours of design scholarship competition
Charleston-North Charleston, SC - Starting 8am Saturday March 1st; Students from the Art institute of Charleston competed for a $5,000.00 scholarship offered by Tabbuli, for the White Haute Nights series.
White Haute Nights is a continuous celebration spotlighting fashion and design, every Thursday evening from 7pm-9pm, coinciding with the upcoming Fashion Week.
For 12 hours the fashion students were put to the test under the pressure of a very real deadline. They were shown art work in various forms such as sculpture, and paintings for creative inspiration. They were then challenged to design, create and complete an original one of a kind garment.
Timeline for the competition was as follows:
8am. Students were given their assignment and 30 minutes to come up with an idea and draw out their design.
Students were shuttled to a local fabric store where they had 30 minutes and $50 to shop for their creation.
Students then headed back to the Art Institute where they worked furiously and diligently to complete their design by 8pm.
Meeting deadlines within the creative process is a real life objective that must be learned and mastered...says Sam Mustafa CEO of The Charleston Hospitality Group.
Students will present their final piece Thursday March 6th at Tabbuli as part of their White Haute Nights series. Judges include Charlotte Beck, Owner of Elysium Salon and The Elysium Agency, Anna Stahl, Fashion Editor of Charleston Style and Design and Lynne Riding, Artist and Program Coordinator at the Art Institute of Charleston. The winner will be presented with a $5,000 scholarship to the Art Institute of Charleston by Sam Mustafa, CEO of Charleston Hospitality Group.