- Posted March 2, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
PROTEST MARCH ODESSA UKRAINE MARCH 2, 2014
• “No War.”
• “Putin take your hands of Crimea.”
• “Odessa, Kiev, and Crimea: Ukraine is united.”
• “100 Soldiers from heaven (reference to people that died in Kiev protest).”
• “Putin and Yanykovich will be cellmates in prison.”
• “Odessa Ukraine.”
• “West and East together.”
• “Ukraine is more than anything else.”
• “Don’t choke when you hug.”
• Together until the end.”
Additionally, during the march you had “right” sector security forces guarding the protestors and directing traffic to ensure that no one was injured and everyone was safe.
Further, you could see protestors carrying Ukrainian flags, Canadian flags, Georgian flags, British flags, and Congress of Ukrainian Nationalist flags.
At the end of the march, protestors lite on fire a makeshift manikin of Yanykovich at front doors of the Russian Federation Embassy. The message being “we don’t need Russians here in Ukraine because we have a newly formed government in Ukraine and begin to live in peace. And to send the message to take your hands of off Crimea and the East of Ukraine.”