- Posted March 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
House commends Filipino ice skater
Speaker Feliciano Belmonte said the talented Michael Christian gave an impressive performance at the 2014 Winter Olympics, reaching 19th place overall in the men's figure skating event.
Martinez got a score of 64.81 points for the short program and 119.44 for the final free skate routine, for a cumulative score of 184.25 points.
"The athlete has shown tremendous talent, ability, and heart, quietly achieving his dream of competing despite numerous obstacles and injuries through the years," the Speaker said.
"Through sheer determination and hard work, Martinez qualified in this years' Winter Olympics, becoming the first Filipino and the sole athlete to ever compete from a Southeast Asian nation to reach the finals of the Men's Free Skating event," the Speaker said.
The Speaker said Martinez has exhibited tremendous pride and joy in representing the Philippines at the 2014 Winter Olympics, serving as an inspiration to his countrymen, especially the young generation of today, when he showed the whole world the ability of the Filipino to surpass any limitation and excel in any field.