- Posted March 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to evaluate GOCC performances
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda raised the issue following the call of Cagayan de Oro City Rep. Rufus Rodriguez and his brother, Partylist Rep. Maximo Rodriguez, for the abolition of the GOCCs as they were under-performing.
“The GCG is in charge of evaluating the performance of each and every GOCC under its watch,” Lacierda said. “In fact, we already have recommendations for some of them.”
“There is a continuing evaluation by the GCG..., looking at the performance of each and every GOCC,” he stressed.
Meanwhile, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said that the proposal still needed to be studied.