- Posted March 4, 2014 by
- Students of Heritage plans Project Liter of Light for the slums in Kolkata
- “CAN YOU TEACH A ZEBRA SOME ALGEBRA?” – THE ALCHEMY OF LEARNING DECODED AT THE HERITAGE SCHOOL KOLKATA
- Rotaract Club of HIT-K raises fund for the Durbar Team
- Annual Fest of The Heritage School Kolkata witnessed the presence of the First Lady
- Young minds with infinite energies and unique talents @ Youthopia 2014
Genetic Imbalance, Indiscriminating Sex relation and Liquor also contributes to Cancer
The seminar was organized by The Heritage Academy Kolkata, a unit of Kalyan Bharti Trust.
Dr. Agarwal stated that cell division takes place in our body at regular interval. However when unwanted cell is formed and grows at a faster rate, it forms a lump that may be malignant and is known as cancer.
He updated the new generation on a few statistical data of the deadly disease as under:
· Only in West Bengal 70000 new victims with 33000 death ,
· In India the figure is 10 Lakh new victim with 4 Lakh death,
· In the entire world the new victim is 1.5 Crore with 80 Lakh death,
Dr. Agarwal stated that the Cancer will soon become an epidemic with on an average one member in each family will suffer from the deadly communicable disease. It has been observed that apart from hereditary reason, the genetic imbalance has been identified as the major reason of the deadly disease. It is caused by intake of tobacco in various form, liquor, food habits and indiscriminating sex relation.
He presented number of Power Point Presentation and discussed number of cases to create awareness about the deadly disease and urged upon the teenagers to follow a better lifestyle, avoid tobacco and drinks.
He concluded with hopes that 70% of the Cancer is curable if identified at early stage, of which 40 % can be cured only by maintaining standard life style.