- Posted March 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl funds scam witness drops lawyer
Luy is among the first whistleblowers on the P10-billion pork barrel scam of which businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles was reported to have funneled billions of pesos from bogus non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that benefited some lawmakers and government officials.
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said he will keep mum as he has not yet discussed the issue with Justice Secretary Leila De Lima.
"We don’t have specific knowledge or background on that issue,” Coloma said. “’We have not yet talked to (Justice) Secretary De Lima.”
Coloma said that it was important to consider the client-lawyer relationship that Luy and Baligod had.
He added that Malacanang did not really have a say on Luy’s decision.
De Lima said in reports that the reason for Luy’s decision to terminate Baligod’s services as a lawyer was because Baligod had no more time for him.
Reports also showed that Luy has already sought three to four lawyers to represent him, but their names have yet to be identified.