- Posted March 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines condemns communist attack
“We join the AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines) in condemning the latest attack of the NPA in Bansalan, Davao del Sur. This brazen act of the NPA is in violation of the Comprehensive Agreement on Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law (CAHRIHL) that was signed by the Government of the Republic of the Philippines and the National Democratic Front (NDF) in The Hague, Netherlands in March 1998,” said Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr.
Sixteen persons, including 11 soldiers and five civilians, were hurt when the landmine exploded in Davao del Sur Sunday night.
The Armed Forces said the incident took place at around 7:30 p.m. Sunday when the convoy that included three ambulances of the Davao del Sur Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) and the Army’s 39th Infantry Battalion were on their way to Managa Village in Bansalan.
The convoy was transporting soldiers injured in an earlier encounter with the NPA when the landmine exploded and damaged passing vehicles.