- Posted March 4, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Hillary's 'Baaaack' in Iowa But Just for The Steaks. Whose 'Back' Will She Have? Ours or Wall Street's?
- Bombing the Problems We Caused by Bombing the Problems We Caused Will Totally Work This Time?
- Why Would the GOP Give Obama an Immigration Reform Bill When He's Already Doing What They Want? Deporting All 11 Million Illegals
- This Time...US Needs To Make Sure Iraq’s Gov’t Supports Shia, Sunni, & Kurds-Duh!
- Don't Get Municipal Water Up Your Nose in a 'Red State', Especially in Louisiana
Hurricane Sandy Aid and the 'Christie Story' Shows Why People Hate Government
"The Obama administration's $60.4 billion emergency funding request to Congress last December stated that part of the money for recovery and rebuilding should be used "to help the region prepare for future challenges, including future severe storms and coastal flooding, as well as impacts associated with a changing climate."
And apparently, NJ Governor Chris Christie determined that the future of New Jersey would be greatly impacted by his re-election that's why he used $25 million to buy television commercials in which he starred to promote just how great New Jersey is as a vacation getaway just prior to his re-election bid.
There are still victims of Hurricane Sandy that have no home. Their lives are still in shambles but all the government agencies got their cut of the victims' money.
When Hoboken, a NJ City, greatly affected by flooding gets only $300,000 from the Chris Christie administration but a retirement community back off the coast gets $6 million to finish their project, people have good reason to hate government.
This has been and is government at it's worst.
But then, this comes as no surprise to most Americans. What does come as a surprise is that the government, with countless examples of this corruption continue to believe and act as though people don't see that "the emperor has no clothes".