- Posted March 5, 2014 by
Los Angeles, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Student voices in journalism
- Drug and alcohol dependence knows no social boundaries - The Brent Shapiro Foundation Summer Spectacular
- Fort Bliss review, red carpet screening and Q&A
- Tomorrow’s filmmakers today at the New York Film Academy Thesis film screening
- Stand up to Cancer live broadcast audience viewpoint
- "Sons of Anarchy" Final Season Spoiler
Student journalist 1st Academy Awards
What we did was give Joell a camera and let her take pics through the eyes of a newbie at the Oscars and since she’s a graduate student of journalism she is a serious journalist in as much as she shows with her pursuit in a graduate degree.
We are expecting to see pics taken of this and setup of other Oscar related events from a unique perspective of a newbie attending these events, which should be exciting to us as it’s the 65th Oscars show for Oldecam and 6th or 7th for Notaspringchick. The college student perspective is more representative of those watching the Oscars than someone covering it for years. A person that has been to the awards for years compares it to previous years, while a person covering it for the first time sees it in a perspective they can see only once, the first time.