- Posted March 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl launches Bangsamoro dev’t plan
Dr. Saffrullah Dipatuan, Bangsamoro Development Agency (BDA) chairman and BDP Project Steering Committee chairman, said the BDP will set the economic direction of the Bangsamoro, the new political entity that will replace the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
“The BDP will identify investments and programs to promote inclusive growth, stability and help create jobs in the Bangsamoro from 2014 to 2020,” Dipatuan said at the launching.
BDP core planning team leader Windel Diangcalan said they are targeting to finish the draft of the BDP by the end of May this year.
He said the BDP is a six-year development plan with two phases covering 2014-2019. Phase 1 will cover the transitional development plan and smooth transition from the current ARMM to the Bangsamoro Transition Commission (BTC) and Phase 2 will deal with the medium term development plan from 2016 to 2019.
“It is on the second phase where investments will be identified,” he said.
Dipatuan said the development plan will reflect the goals of the Bangsamoro people, indigenous people and other sectors in Mindanao.
He assured that not only the interest of the MILF and Bangsamoro people will be the basis of the BDP but will also include the interests and needs of the other sectors in Mindanao, particularly the indigenous people.