- Posted March 8, 2014 by
- Tehran Regime Targets Women in War on Sufis and Other Dissidents
- Protesting Dervishes Beaten and Detained
- Dervishes released following arrests at protest
- Pro-dervish protesters attacked by security forces
- Authorities Failed to Fulfill their Promises; Demonization of Dervish women; Preventing Dervishes from Holding their Religious Rites on the Night Before Mondays
Gonabadi Dervishes Were Arrested and Beaten by Security Forces
forces units during a peaceful protest today on on Saturday, Esfand, the 17th (February, the 3rd). The
Detained Dervishes were transferred to Police stations No.113 in Tehran's Bazar where they are being
According to Majzooban Noor reporter, security forces have taken pictures and recorded video of Dervishes,
then have ordered them to fill out the interrogation forms.
The reports indicated that, the number of dervishes who refused to fill out the forms, have been beaten by
security forces with rubber batons.
During interrogation, the detained Dervishes were offered juice, but they declared they are on hunger strike
and refused to drink.